Are you searching for effective ways to build power and drive change in your communities?
Look no further! Our Orientation to Organizing on October 31st from 9 am to 12 pm CET, 5.00-8.00 pm AEST is the perfect opportunity. This 3-hour introductory session delves into the organizing and public narrative practices developed by Marshall Ganz at the Harvard Kennedy School and his associates. It’s one of our most sought-after sessions at LCN.
For this session, we’ve teamed up with George Gabriel to explore organizing with a special focus on empowering communities to achieve immigrant justice. We’ll draw insights from Citizens UK’s 2015 campaign, which successfully resettled 20,000 Syrians in the UK, showcasing how it scaled during a time of crisis.
Who should attend this session?
This session is ideal for individuals seeking effective ways to drive change in their communities. It offers a basic understanding of organizing and how it translates into practice.
We also encourage you to invite other members of your team, organization, and community to join you in this learning experience. Having a shared language of organizing and leadership can be powerful when working together!
Even if you’re familiar with organizing and narrative pedagogy but need a refresher on the framework’s basics, or are looking for case studies, you’ll find this session beneficial.
Finally, the timezone for this session is convenient for organizers and leaders based across Europe, Asia and Australia.
What will you gain from this session?
In this session, you’ll:
- Gain an introductory overview and a basic understanding of the five practices of community organizing, illustrated with a real example from a Refugees Justice campaign.
- Have the opportunity to learn from and connect with other organizers and leaders from around the world.
- Get an introduction to the Leading Change Network and our programs.
We will walk you through the five leadership practices of our community organizing framework: public narrative, relationship building, team structuring, strategizing, mobilizing people to action, and coaching. These practices are at the core of transforming our communities’ resources into the power needed to achieve desired change.
- What: Orientation to Organizing with Citizens UK
- When: Tuesday, October 31st, 9 am – 12 pm CET
- How: Register by filling out the form below (Free for members/tickets available for non-members, October 27th, Friday, 11:59 pm CET)
If you have an active membership, you need to login to view the members’ form and register for free to attend this event.
Non-LCN members form: