LEADING CHANGE NETWORK
Scope and Responsibility
LCN’s Executive Director serves as its data protection officer and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Use Your Information
Unless you complete the Application Form for Individuals available through this Site, LCN will not request or collect any personal data from you.
If you complete the Application Form for Individuals, LCN will obtain and collect directly from you the information requested on that form. Your personal data will be stored by LCN for a period of two years.
LCN will use your personal data solely for the purpose of evaluating your suitability for participation in trainings and other programs of LCN—as a trainer, coach and/or participant– and to contact you to determine if you are interested and available to participate in such trainings and programs.
LCN will not use your personal data for any other purpose. Without your express prior written consent, LCN will not share your personal data with any other entity or organization, or with any person other than employees of and contractors to LCN with a need to view and use such personal data for the purposes set out above.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
At any point while LCN is in possession of your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: if LCN under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
LCN at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If LCN does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of LCN or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
LCN accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested passport or driver’s license or other government-issued id.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being stored or used by LCN, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and LCN’s data protection representative whose contact information is provided above.
LCN complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and the provisions of the GDPR relating to children. LCN does not solicit and does not accept personally identifying information from any person under 16 years of age.
Visitors to this Site who are under 16 years of age should not use this Site except under the supervision and with the assistance of their parent or legal guardian, and should never submit any personally identifying information to the Site. For example, visitors under 16 years of age should not register, purchase or use services or take any actions on or through this Site.
Protection of Personal Data
LCN uses industry standard security measures to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of all of the personally identifiable information that you provide to us. Our server is located in a locked, secure environment.
Permission to access your personal data is granted only to you and LCN employees or contractors who need to know that information to provide services to you and who are required to keep the information confidential. Although we make good faith efforts to store information collected by this Site in a secure operating environment, we cannot guarantee complete security.
Cookies and Data Tracking
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user. Some parts of this Site may be password-protected. We may use a cookie (cookies reside on your computer and are under the control of your browser) to help us to compile aggregate data about visitors to the Site and their interaction with the Site for the purposes of improving the operation of the Site and/or offering better Site experiences and tools in the future.
We may also use third-party services such as Google Analytics. This helps us understand traffic patterns and know if there are problems with our Site. We may also use embedded images in emails to track open rates for our mailings, so that we can tell which mailings appeal most to LCN supporters.
Links to Other Sites
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
LCN complies with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. As part of that Act, all registered users of our Site may make any changes to their information at any time by logging into their Control Panel and going to the “Edit Profile” page. Changes to billing and/or credit card information must be made through LCN staff and may be initiated by contacting the Executive Director at the email address provided above.