Pedagogy Convening (report)
This report is a summary of a convening that brought together a group of organizers, trainers, educators to discuss the convening of pedagogy of Marshall Ganz Leadership , Organizing and Public Narrative Framework
The convening was organized by Leading Change Network LCN and Practicing Democracy Project PDP at HKS, Over two days, the convening featured five presentations on innovations across our five practices of democratic leadership: building civic relationships, public narrative, strategy, action, and structure.
Democracy is not something you have, but something
you do. It is a verb. And we are creating it, or un-creating
it, all the time.” – MARSHALL GANZ
In this report we compile key learnings from the five presentations on innovation in the Public Narrative practice, leadership development, and team-based organizing practice, namely:
- A micro workshop to teach the use of empathetic bridge and narrative in moments of disruptive challenge:
Loss, Difference, Power, and Change;
- Exploring how Public Narrative training can be scaled using digital micro learning platforms;
- Adapting the Organizing pedagogy to build practice-centered programs for leadership development with
the Formerly Incarcerated People (FIP);
- Using data analysis to learn how to facilitate a team-based organizing project in the HKS graduate course
- Ahel’s pedagogy for stronger teams and collective leadership in Jordan, Amman.
This report is also an effort to share some of the insights from the participants on their own learnings, what facilitated that learning and how such convenings could be of value in the future
Download Report Here