A short video of Amal Beydoun telling her powerful story of self at a Harvard University workshop with Marshall Ganz.
A short video of Amal Beydoun telling her powerful story of self.
When do you hear a Challenge, Choice, and Outcome?
● Story of Self: Noted different challenges she was facing. Teen mom.
● Challenge: orphaned and teenage parent.
● Chose: strength
● Outcome: she found confidence and agency; she regained her power
● Choosing to be a survivor, overcomer rather than victim.
What is her source of hope?
● Her child, wanting better for her child than she was experiencing.
● Believed she was no longer going to allow circumstances to control her life.
● Her child saw something in her that she didn’t see in herself.
What details, images, moments bring the story alive?
● Vulnerable in her story.
● Child’s look at her “eyes looking up at her”.