Building Skills for Change in Cortes Island, BC is a groundbreaking new training session which helps people build a strong foundation in the fundamentals of community organizing and learn how to build power and win change. It is taught by Olivia Chow.
You will learn:
- How to articulate a story of why we are called to lead, a story of the community we hope to mobilize, and a story of why we must act now
- How to build intentional relationships as the foundation of purposeful collective actions.
- How to create a structure that distributes power and responsibility and prioritizes leadership development.
- How to strategize turning your resources into the power to achieve clear goals.
- How to translate strategy into measurable, motivational, and effective action.
Whether you are just beginning your organizer’s journey or you’re a seasoned activist with a team behind you, Building Skills for Change will give you the tools and connections you need to fight against injustices you see around you.
We ensure optimal engagement with short lectures, followed by interactive group work that puts the teachings to practice. We guarantee one facilitator to every six students to ensure our break-out sessions are intimate and every student is properly supported. You will finish the program equipped with the practical and effective organizing skills you need to be a leader and create change in your community.
When: June 17 – June 22, 2022. Takes place on Cortes Island, BC.
How: Click here to learn more and register
“This was the best training I have completed in many years. The instructors were knowledgeable and the feedback from them has helped me in addressing the challenges in my advocacy campaigns. I highly recommend this training to anyone who is thinking of changing our world for the better.” – 2021 spring program graduate.