6.12 Seconds – James Croft’s Harvard LGBT Bullying Speech (Video) [Story of Self, Us and Now]
By James Croft
James Croft's speech at a rally in 2010 to call people to act against homophobic bullying in schools.
For Trainers / Workshop Coaches
A great example of the Story of Self, Us and Now given by James Croft at a rally in 2010 to call people to act against homophobic bullying in schools.
- “What experiences shaped his values?
- Whose choices were they?
- Why are they stories?
- Who is the “us” to whom he appeals?
- What moments of choice does he recall?
- What are the values?
- What challenges to those values does he describe?
- What’s the source of hope?
- In what action does he ask us to join?
- Why does James Croft begin as he does?
- What challenge, choice, and outcome are at the core of each story he tells?
- What details, images, moments do these stories bring alive?
- What values do these stories communicate?”
Questions sourced from – Leadership, Organizing and Action: SEED Organizing Workshop Participant Guide August 7-9, 2015