LCN is thrilled to announce the launch of a new training of trainers program in the spring of 2022.
Designed for experienced coaches who wish to become up front trainers and teachers, this 3-month program will help you enhance your teaching, training and facilitation skills.
The program will run between March 10 and June 2, 2022, in the form of bi-weekly sessions held on Thursdays (times TBD). During off-weeks, participants will take part in peer coaching, coaching clinics, and readings (Please see the agenda below for the dates and breakdown of these sessions).
Commitment to and participation in this learning community will not only strengthen your skills as a teacher, educator and trainer, it will also provide invaluable connections within the organizing community with fellow colleagues! Many questions you’ve always grappled with as a coach and trainer will surface here as we practice together and receive real-time feedback, coaching and support.
Most importantly, this will be fun! The constant coaching you will receive, not only from the facilitators but from your peers, will hone your skills and improve your confidence.
Apply now if you are ready to take the leap to becoming an up front trainer, while polishing your skills, and gaining exceptional knowledge and experience in the Public Narrative and Organizing framework!
Click here to submit your application (deadline, Feb 23, 2022)
What is an upfront teacher and trainer?
An upfront teacher and trainer is the person who teaches the theory and debriefs the models in the plenary while the coach facilitates/coaches smaller group exercises. Usually coaches develop their skills and become upfront teachers if they are interested and this is the purpose of this training!
Our hope is that through this training, we will build the capacity of talented and dedicated people to continue spreading this work and empower our communities.
Priority of the limited seats will be given to women and people of color.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Céline Lebrun (Training for Trainers Program Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Trainers:
Sarah ElRaheb-Dagher is a Canadian-Egyptian educator and coach who specializes in teaching public narrative, organizing, and leadership. She has her Master’s in Education from Harvard Graduate School of Education, with a focus on the arts in education. She has spearheaded the design and implementation of many large-scale education projects, including an executive education course of the Public Narrative course taught through HKS, and an intensive curriculum for mayors from around the world through the Bloomberg Harvard Initiative. She has coached, taught, and coordinated over 100 Public Narrative and Organizing workshops across the United States, Canada, and beyond, and has had the opportunity to teach and coach hundreds of individuals, including artists, mayors, congresspeople, Dreamers, grassroots organizers, and TED talk speakers.
Mais Irqsusi is a leader, organizer, and educator. She is the Executive Director of the Leading Change Network. As a practitioner and champion of the community organizing framework, she has worked thoroughly on its localization in the Middle East and Europe and coached over 15 campaigns in different contexts to organize for change. She has also designed and ran over 100 workshops on narrative, organizing and leadership in various contexts. She is the founder of Community Organizing Europe and cofounder of Ahel and Raneen.
*Sessions are 3 hours long each
- Session 1 – Launch – March 10, 2022
- Intro, launch, ground setting, expectation setting, general best practices of up front training lecture & discussion, division of sessions
- Session 2 – Intro to Narrative & SOS – March 17, 2022
- Establishing & teaching for teaching points
- Session 3 – Intro to Organizing & Coaching – March 31, 2022
- Facilitating participation & interaction while teaching
- Session 4 – Relationships & Teams – April 14, 2022
- Managing “problem” participants or challenges to framework – best practices
- Session 5 – Story of Us & Strategy 1 – April 28, 2022
- Trusting yourself and your instincts as an up front trainer – how to develop your own personal practice of continued learning
- Session 6 – Strategy II & Action – May 12, 2022
- Overall learnings & takeaways – group discussion
- Session 7 – Story of Now & Linking – May 26, 2022
- Effectively facilitating debriefs
- Session 8 – Celebration/Wrap Up – June 2, 2022
Click here to submit your application to the Training of Trainers Program (application deadline: Feb 23, 2022)