Too often organizations and campaigns can lean on strategy in an attempt to move people to action. In reality, if people don’t show up, our strategy is futile.
The question is: how do we move people to action?
People could be afraid, preoccupied with other things, or not feel the urgency at the moment.
That’s where Narrative comes in.
Narrative is a leadership skill that creates emotional capacity for people to respond to a challenge. In crafting our narrative we use our stories.
Our stories are powerful. They help us to communicate our values as lived experiences, not only abstract concepts. They’re able to move people to action and inspire change by evoking our shared values.
If you’re engaged in public work or leading an organization it’s an important responsibility to offer an account of who you are, why you do what you do and where you hope to lead people.
Narrative for Change will build your leadership capacity by equipping you with the skills to use storytelling to move people to action and ultimately achieve change.
In this six week course you’ll learn how to tell a story of self that enables others to “get you”; a story of us that enables your community to come together and commit to working on achieving shared purpose; and a story of now that turns the present moment into one of challenge, hope, and action.
When: Several time slots are available, please select the prefered one on the registration link
Where: Online classroom format using Zoom
Cost: $450 for non-members and $300 for members (scholarships available)
Over the six module course, you will gain skills that include:
- How to craft your public narrative
- How to connect your story to that of your community to motivate commitment to a shared purpose and call to action
- How to analyze the role of narrative in moments of critical change and use tools to enable others’ agency
- How to increase your capacity to lead others using the public narrative framework
What does this course offer?
- Quick and online introduction to Public Narrative pedagogy developed by professor Marshall Ganz and associates
- Realtime personal and interactive learning together with organizers from all around the world
- Learning with a teaching team that has over 10 years of experience in creating online learning spaces and trainings
- Free one year membership of the Leading Change Network (worth $100 USD)