Learn Community Organizing!
Leadership, Organizing and Action: Leading Change is a 15-week online program led by Professor Marshall Ganz. Presented through an engaging online platform, the program focuses on leadership and learning through live lectures, readings, discussions, reflection exercises and an organizing project.
- Session Dates: February 06, 2023 – June 02, 2023
- Application Deadline: December 07, 2022
- Click here to learn more and apply
Effective organizing requires an understanding of how to identify, recruit and develop leadership, build community around that leadership and harness the power from the resources of that community.
Leadership, Organizing and Action: Leading Change is an online executive program designed to help you learn how to organize communities that can mobilize power to make change.
Designed by Harvard Kennedy School, this program offers a unique opportunity for those involved in organizing projects around the world to interact with others engaged in similar efforts, including leaders of civic associations, social movements, advocacy groups and nonprofits.
This program will teach you how to:
- Enable others to achieve shared purpose under conditions of uncertainty.
- Develop leadership, build community around that leadership and turn resources of that community into the power to achieve change.
- Develop your public narrative: story of self, story of us, story of now.
- Learn the difference between organizing and mobilizing and why it takes organizing to create real change.
Organize Your Community to Enact Needed Change
Professor Marshall Ganz, Senior Lecturer in Public Policy at Harvard Kennedy School, and his associates teach this online executive program about how to be a change leader. An expert in this area, Professor Ganz has coached people across the globe on how to use community organizing and leadership practices in social movements, electoral campaigns, community organizing, classroom instruction, workshops, lectures and writing.
Learn more and apply HERE