At LCN, we are privileged to have a front row seat to some of the most challenging, innovative, and urgent work in organizing that our community does around the world. Every time we meet – whether in small groups or open events – there’s a tangible sense of connection, along with opportunities to reflect on the practice and stay rooted in what’s urgent now.
That gave us an idea – a BIG COMMUNITY MEETING which all of you are a part of!
We are kicking off our first ever “Annual Community Meet”, which we hope will become an annual tradition and celebration. We will be using this opportunity to share our current active strategy, and bring you onboard with our programs and plans for the coming years. We have some big and bold announcements in store that you wouldn’t want to miss!
We are holding this event twice – a testament to our global community across many different time zones :) At both events you will hear from Marshall Ganz, LCN members and advisors, and have opportunities to renew old bonds and make new ones.
Register now for LCN’s Annual Community Meet 2022
The last few years have been crucial for us in understanding the role that LCN can play for this network. You all have been instrumental in adding depth to our understanding through sharing your lessons, giving input in our listening drive, and truly treating organizing as a shared responsibility. Now it’s time for us to share back, celebrate, and chart the future together!
So make sure to reserve your spot. Please note we are holding the event twice, at different times, to make sure all of you can join.
- What: LCN Annual Community Meet 2022
- June 16th, Thursday @ 7:00 – 8:30 AM Pacific Time | 9:00 am – 10:30 AM Central Time | 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM Eastern Time | 4:00 – 5:30 pm Central European Time
- June 21st, Tuesday @ 10:00 PM – 11:30 PM Eastern Time | June 22nd, Wednesday @ 7:30 – 9:00 AM India Standard Time | 12:00 – 1:30 PM Australian Eastern Time
- How: Register below to save your spot
Meet our Speakers
Our community is at the heart of LCN. All over the world, people are leading change in their communities using narrative and organizing practices, and we’re excited to bring you glimpses of the amazing work that’s being done by our community! Come hear our community speakers share stories of success and leadership, from winning a campaign to decrease the cost of jail calls in the US, to building power within the climate justice movement in Japan.
Here are some of the speakers that will be sharing across our two events:
- Katherine Passley, Deputy Director at Beyond the Bars, USA
- David Oyaga, Chair of Tatua general Assembly, Kenya
- Janna Willems, Organizer at Let’s Talk About Yes campaign, Amnesty International NL, Netherlands
- Kazue Suzuki, Climate/Energy Campaigner at Greenpeace Japan, Japan
Join us as we get ready to move forward full steam!
Mais and the LCN Team