The Leading Change Network’s Strategic Goals:
Teaching Leadership Development through the Lens of Organizing:
- Through our “cascading” leadership training where our students graduate from novice to apprentice, journeyman and master through the facilitation of our workshops and coaching in longer term projects;
- Through our course offerings in organizing, public narrative, moral leadership and our distance learning initiatives;
- Through the adaptation of our curriculum for global use.
Building the Leadership Capacity of “Change Constituencies” though a Community of Practice: Assembling a mix of long-term partnerships and short-term trainings among practitioners with the goal of creating sustainable change; Hosting peer and sector conferences to enable peer-to-peer learning among trainers and nonprofits who have been through our trainings.
Create Research projects that inform/improve the practice of organizing, public narrative and leadership development for social movements that includes:
- Developing case studies from past campaigns for the classroom;
- Developing new action research linked to on-going work.