14 Aug We are hiring a Communication and Tech Manager! Apply Now!
Job Title: Communication and Tech Manager
Starts: October 2018
Application deadline: August 31st, 2018
The Communication and Tech Manager is in charge of all of the LCN communication with the general public and with its membership base. S/he advances the mission of the LCN and its reach through strong strategic communication. The Communication Manager is in charge of the website, social media and the database both in terms of developing content, operating and processing the communication materials, and keeping them updated and relevant. S/he is also to credit as our Network expands its membership and has more coverage worldwide.
- Sets a media & communications strategy to advance LCN mission and growth,
- Develops and proposes messaging for the organization, its programs and members,
- Develops different kinds of communication with LCN members, friends and generalpublic,
- Develops the website content (including but not limited to written news, reports and updates, videos, designed materials etc.),
- Activates and handles social media channels,
- Gets coverage in the classical media for LCN and its associates or members,
- Finds coverage of members in classical media and covers it on our channels,
- Cooperates with the Community Builder to ensure that the spotlight is put on the most relevant and innovative examples of practice and theory,
- Uploads content updates and on-call troubleshooting, website data analytics, and any necessary improvements that may arise,
- Manages, updates and analyzes the database, sends mass communication and manages received mail as needed,
- Oversees the operations of LCN technology, for convening or for general communication, and troubleshoots any problems as needed.
Candidate profile and qualifications
- Passion and commitment to global justice, human rights, citizen empowerment and social change,
- Minimum three years of experience working in media or communication with a civil society organization or a public cause,
- Ability to seek out information proactively from a variety of sources, including written/ online materials and knowledge held by staff,
- Knowledge and experience of developing press releases, news articles and experience dealing with classical media for coverage,
- Creativity as well as knowledge of materials design, video and audio editing,
- High professionalism, self-motivation, efficiency and results-oriented delivery on short timelines,
- Openness and drive to learning with a positive outlook to a possibility,
- Passion and ability for building and maintaining relationships with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds,
- Excellent interpersonal skills with sensitivity to cultural communication differences,
- Readiness to work across different time zones globally,
- Native English speaker is a requirement. Fluency in other languages is desirable,
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture,
- Strong project management skills with the ability to maintain processes, systems, and workflows and ensure adherence and follow-up,
- Pleasant, diplomatic manner and disposition in interacting with senior management, co-workers, our members, and the general public,
- High proficiency with office technology and IT solutions used by OSF, including Microsoft Office suite. Must be comfortable learning new proprietary software systems,
- Proficiency in using data management and visualization platforms and databases.
LCN is a global virtual organization, with most of our work done over email, telephone, internet and other modern technologies. Our staff are based in cities all over the world and meet at team retreats three times a year.
Salary varies with location and experience but is competitive with leading nongovernmental organizations. Benefits for full-time positions also range with the location but include 4 weeks paid vacation per year.
Apply to Join Us
Before COB August 31st, 2018 ET time, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and submit the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Brief work plan for your position for the first three months.
- List of ideas for building LCNs presence in the world of social change.
If you are shortlisted you will be contacted for an interview and for letters of reference.