26 Aug Communication and Tech Coordinator
Job Title: Communication and Tech Coordinator
Starts October 2017
Application deadline September 20th, 2017
The Communication and Tech Coordinator is in charge of all of the LCN communication with the general public and with its membership base. S/he advances the mission of the LCN and its reach through strong strategic communication. The Communication Coordinator is in charge of the website, social media and the database both in terms of developing content, operating and processing the communication materials, and keeping them updated and relevant. S/he is also to credit as our Network expands its membership and has more coverage worldwide.
- Sets a media & communications strategy to advance LCN mission and growth,
- Develops and proposes messaging for the organization, its programs and members,
- Develops different kinds of communication with LCN members, friends and general public,
- Develops the website content,
- Activates and handles social media channels,
- Gets coverage in the classical media for LCN and its associates or members,
- Finds coverage of members in classical media and covers it on our channels,
- Cooperates with the Community Builder and Knowledge Writer to ensure that the spotlight is put on the most relevant and innovative examples of practice and theory,
- Uploads content updates and on-call troubleshooting, website data analytics, and any necessary improvements that may arise,
- Manages, updates and analyzes the database, sends mass communication and manages received mail as needed,
- Oversees the operations of LCN technology, for convening or for general communication, and troubleshoots any problems as needed.
The Communication Coordinator works closely with the technology Coordinator that manages the technical part of the website, the database program, and meeting technologies.
Candidate profile and qualifications
- Passion and commitment to global justice, human rights, citizen empowerment and social change,
- Minimum three years of experience working in media or communication with a civil society organization or a public cause,
- Ability to seek out information proactively from a variety of sources, including written/ online materials and knowledge held by staff,
- Knowledge and experience of developing press releases, news articles and experience dealing with classical media for coverage,
- High professionalism, self-motivation, efficiency and results-oriented delivery on short timelines,
- Openness and drive to learning with a positive outlook to possibility,
- Passion and ability for building and maintaining relationships with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds,
- Excellent interpersonal skills with sensitivity to cultural communication differences,
- Readiness to work across different time zones globally,
- Native English speaker is a requirement. Fluency in other languages is desirable,
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture,
- Strong project management skills with ability to maintain processes, systems, and workflows and ensure adherence and follow-up,
- Pleasant, diplomatic manner and disposition in interacting with senior management, co-workers, our members, and the general public,
- High proficiency with office technology and IT solutions used by OSF, including Microsoft Office suite. Must be comfortable learning new proprietary software systems,
- Proficiency in using data management and visualization platforms and databases.
LCN is a global virtual organization, with most of our work done over email, telephone, internet and other modern technologies. Our staff are based in cities all over the world and meet at team retreats three times a year.
Salary varies with location and experience, but is competitive with leading nongovernmental organizations. Benefits for full-time positions also range with location, but include 4 weeks paid vacation per year.
Apply to Join Us
Before COB September 20th, 2017 ET time, send an email with one attachment – a file that includes both your letter of interest and your CV – to the following email address email@example.com. Please write the job title you are applying for in the subject of the email. If you are shortlisted you will be contacted for an interview and for letters of reference.